Picking up those brushes again.

Hi and welcome to the occasional mutterings of Dave Doc, a military modeller and some time gamer. Gaming and model making has given me a real education, History & Geography(obvious really), Artistry, Politics, Economics, Logistics, Project Management -you try building miniature armies without the last 3.

I will use the blog to record my creations & the odd occasion I actually do some gaming.

I have always been inspired by the aesthetic side of gaming. Playing on well constructed terrain using excellently painted units is always a joy.

Tuesday 18 March 2014

Butch Cassidy & The Sundance Kid

So with the painting challenge.drawing to a conclusion Curt had set a special "Last Stand" (visit the GALLERY and cast your vote) bonus round. As the challenge had started with a cinematic theme I wanted to try and stick to that. I had thought of a few colonial type ideas , but kept being drawn back to the Western genre. I had thought about The Alamo as one option, but did not find 28mm figures I was happy with. Having found a rich vein of 54mm goodness while browsing I came across the Andrea Miniatures Butch & Sundance - once I saw them I knew that would be it.








They are based on individual but interlocking bases so they can be posed. They are another wonderfully sculpted and cast set. There is so much movement about them. I did find these a challenge to paint and get to standard I was happy with , so it was fun, and I am still learning something about painting 54mm. Something mounted next I think.

I still have a few more items to drop into the main challenge  to try and maintain momentum to the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment