Picking up those brushes again.

Hi and welcome to the occasional mutterings of Dave Doc, a military modeller and some time gamer. Gaming and model making has given me a real education, History & Geography(obvious really), Artistry, Politics, Economics, Logistics, Project Management -you try building miniature armies without the last 3.

I will use the blog to record my creations & the odd occasion I actually do some gaming.

I have always been inspired by the aesthetic side of gaming. Playing on well constructed terrain using excellently painted units is always a joy.

Friday, 16 May 2014

A few New projects.

I have pretty much cleared off the paint desk and the workroom has had a spring clean ready for some new projects.

So I been to the DIY store to pick materials to make the mine boards. The large parcel from Ainsty has been fully unpacked so I am ready to crack on. The aim is to get this done for taking to Scarborough at the end of June.








I have also prepared up the box of Teutonic Knights which will go off to the lads at Brigantes for completion.





I have some Gangsters out with Brigantes to be completed as well at the moment and have just orders a few top ups.

I could not resist these lads for some background entertainment in the new Speakeasy. So I ordered a set, and a few others from Bob Murch.





I also took the opportunity to get hold of a copy of Go Strong in the Desert by LT Col. Mike Snook , as it's currently on a reduced price offer on the Perry website.
The back half of the year will be spent doing the colonials for the Sudan.




Finally I am on again with the large AWI highland unit , which has been one of those not wanting to be painted kind!




I think that is enough to be getting on with!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Work in hand

The RULES!

No more than 3 things on the PAINTING table at once. Nothing new added until something is finished.

PREPARATION work is done when I don't fancy detail painting. Cleaning up, converting, undercoating etc.

PLANNING is expressions of interest or things that have inspired me to be created with no definite timescale as yet.


On the PAINTING TABLE
10mm ACW, 28mm Stradiots

On the PREPATION table.
ACW Terrain, Egyptian and Sudanese troops for the Sudan

In the PLANNING
Death in the Dark continent stuff
Pulp Alley