Picking up those brushes again.

Hi and welcome to the occasional mutterings of Dave Doc, a military modeller and some time gamer. Gaming and model making has given me a real education, History & Geography(obvious really), Artistry, Politics, Economics, Logistics, Project Management -you try building miniature armies without the last 3.

I will use the blog to record my creations & the odd occasion I actually do some gaming.

I have always been inspired by the aesthetic side of gaming. Playing on well constructed terrain using excellently painted units is always a joy.

Friday 25 December 2015

Thank you Santa

Santa has delivered a wonderful collection once more this year.

First up my "Secret Santa" organised by Cath ..
A couple of sets of Copplestone gangsters, Street Toughs and Tommy Gunners. Nicely timed as the bad guys in Serenity City need some topping up. Plus a new decent set of needle files ..I seem to go through these quickly , especially when  soldering and cleaning up. A big thank you to Secret Santa from "down South!"


From the Mrs D:-
The new rule set by Gerry for his mega sized Napoleonic battles


I have been on a bit of a WWI naval reading lately. I also have family history interest in building the great ships as well. Fantastic background and wonderful photos of the leviathans of the seas being built.


Plus the new Max Hastings book .. I always find him very readable.




All told a great selection ... I am going to need some more bookshelves!


And maybe I shall get some paint on this lot shortly..

10 comments:

  1. Camels! Yay!

    Great hobby gifts Mr D - wishing you a very Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't know you were into Napoleonics, although I suppose a quick peruse of your labels would have disabused me of that notion. :-)

    Quite the haul there I must say. Clydebank Battlecruisers looks rather good and I'd be interested in your opinion once you've read it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice haul there! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lot of very interesting and good presents! Enjoy them all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Somebody has obviously been a good boy! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice haul Mr D :)

    Camels? Have you been infected by Clint? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool haul! Awe ra best for 2016 Dave!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice loot! My boys have started just going to Harbor Freight to get me files, jeweler's tools and brushes, to feed by lead habit.

    ReplyDelete