Picking up those brushes again.

Hi and welcome to the occasional mutterings of Dave Doc, a military modeller and some time gamer. Gaming and model making has given me a real education, History & Geography(obvious really), Artistry, Politics, Economics, Logistics, Project Management -you try building miniature armies without the last 3.

I will use the blog to record my creations & the odd occasion I actually do some gaming.

I have always been inspired by the aesthetic side of gaming. Playing on well constructed terrain using excellently painted units is always a joy.

Wednesday 6 January 2016

New Year - Old Projects

The brushes are out for the first time this year. I am back to The Sudan with the Camel Corps being the first target. It's a large unit project, with mounted versions, dismounted close order , and dismounted skirmish formations. To my mind it's the unit you just have to have for the Sudan

A few different base colours used for the horde of camels.


Plenty of time set aside this weekend to crack on with these.


13 comments:

  1. They shouldn't take you long Dave!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I fully expect to see these finished before the weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Before,,,, no ... I will finish the Fuzzies before then!

      Delete
  3. Looking forward to seeing the final result Dave.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Camels ahoy! I knew it wouldn't take you long to dust of the brushes and get into the fray.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its absolutely a Must Have unit for the Sudan - especially after that cracking Camel Corps battle scene in the move Khartoum. River gunboats are of course another Must Have unit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed... I gave one of armoured steamers ... With another along the way

      Delete
  6. Wow, what a lot of camels! You don't do anything by halves, do you :-) ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Er no ... Although I was going to make these 48 figures.. But went for 36 in the end..

      Delete