The figures from the set have a separate hand holding the rifle on the right hand side. The left hand was suitable for just drilling and holding a rope. For the right hand side I added a solder made "fist" to the figure which was shaped with a file then drilled through.
I made rope from my usual garden twisty wire by winding two lengths together after attaching then into a mini drill - a few spins and the rope is formed. This was fed through the hands , a quick touch of the soldering iron held them all together. The ropes were attached to the limber. I fixed everything to a single base , and then painted it. The gun has a cover added with milliput.
Overall very pleased - it may not be 100% accurate - but it does the job . I need to make another one now as I have two deployed guns.
I also completed the two large buildings. Fairly simple paint job on the buildings , starting with a flat earth colour and just heavy drybrush up in lighter sandy colours. They are impressive sized building so will do nicely for any large town.
Buildings are from Najewitz
Also completed the rocky outcrops too
A reasonably succesful week I thought. Got a few more things on the paint table that are Sudan related as well at the moment
and all the town type terrain in one place.