Picking up those brushes again.

Hi and welcome to the occasional mutterings of Dave Doc, a military modeller and some time gamer. Gaming and model making has given me a real education, History & Geography(obvious really), Artistry, Politics, Economics, Logistics, Project Management -you try building miniature armies without the last 3.

I will use the blog to record my creations & the odd occasion I actually do some gaming.

I have always been inspired by the aesthetic side of gaming. Playing on well constructed terrain using excellently painted units is always a joy.

Tuesday 20 November 2018

ACW - Top up for the Battleground show game

This coming weekend sees the Battleground show at Stockton on Tees. This show has been revamped by the guys at Pendraken and its really on the up I think with a good range of traders, display and participation games on offer. I am pretty topped up with stuff , but you never know what I may find - the bring and buy was very good .

I am attending with the guys from the Old Guard group and we are putting on 10mm American Civil War game based on day 3 of Gettysburg. Its always handy having a deadline so I have been working through most of the remaining lead pile that I originally purchased last year. I have completed the first lot of limbers for Confederate artillery plus another Union brigade. In fact I have finished these quicker then anticipated so have started on some more Union guns and casualty markers will be done in time for the weekend too. The 10mm lead mountain is looking more like a small hill now - I do though have some on order to pick up this weekend.

6 Confederate limber/caisson team 

The 10mm ACW collection is based for Fire and Fury. I have added a further 31 infantry stands and 6 command , plus some brave colonels , and range of mounted commanders


My union infantry altogether is around 80 stands - so its growing nicely. One more decent sized  brigade should do it for me - then I can do some of the unusual units like zouaves etc.  With the guns under way I will 9 in total. I will need some limbers and few small cavalry units to finish it off

My Confederate forces have 3o infantry stands and 15 guns (don't ask!) and the next real work here will be another 2 infantry brigades- one of these will go the Chris the painter at Marching in Colour to help me move this along.

The work in progress 
In addition I have also built up the Really Useful box inserts I picked up at Partizan from Sally 4th -they have had ferro-sheet added. So for the basing of this latest lot of ACW I added some 3mm magnets -I will need to go back over the existing stuff at some point as I revamp the storage.

the 4 or 9 litre RUB mdf insert - this is35mm in height - perfect for storing the 10mm stuff 
As John from the Old Guard has also been busy adding in a decent amount of Confederates the game should look good with a decent troop density - and with all the new stuff a lot should be running away! any way I  will try and get plenty of pictures



4 comments:

  1. Looking forward to a spectacular battle 😀

    ReplyDelete
  2. Impressive collection, love the limber team...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most impressive; the limber teams look very nice.

    ReplyDelete