Picking up those brushes again.

Hi and welcome to the occasional mutterings of Dave Doc, a military modeller and some time gamer. Gaming and model making has given me a real education, History & Geography(obvious really), Artistry, Politics, Economics, Logistics, Project Management -you try building miniature armies without the last 3.

I will use the blog to record my creations & the odd occasion I actually do some gaming.

I have always been inspired by the aesthetic side of gaming. Playing on well constructed terrain using excellently painted units is always a joy.

Sunday 13 January 2019

Cruel Seas - Targets!

This weeks progress on my cargo vessels for Cruel Seas . Last year I picked up some old skytrex stuff from a bring and buy - they are 1/1200th ,but still reasonable size. They are around 6 inches  long, and are a mix of metal and resin kits. You can still get these from Heroics and Ros . I be also complete a sprue of torpedoes , thanks for sending them over Jason . These have been done with a colour code to help differentiate which boat fired them in case of memory problems . I think we will be changing to adding a torpedo dice into the bag to have them all move together but in a random part of the turn. 

The Warlord games one is at the top for size comparison 





7 comments:

  1. They look great - very realistically photographed as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Splendid Dave! You‘ve outdone yourself once more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look superb Dave, but I don't fancy the chances of the ship in the last photograph!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look great !
    Bravo and picture are very good too !
    :-)

    ReplyDelete