Picking up those brushes again.

Hi and welcome to the occasional mutterings of Dave Doc, a military modeller and some time gamer. Gaming and model making has given me a real education, History & Geography(obvious really), Artistry, Politics, Economics, Logistics, Project Management -you try building miniature armies without the last 3.

I will use the blog to record my creations & the odd occasion I actually do some gaming.

I have always been inspired by the aesthetic side of gaming. Playing on well constructed terrain using excellently painted units is always a joy.

Tuesday 29 January 2019

Normandy 44 - New buildings

I am enjoying cracking on with bits for my 15mm Normandy collection, and its time for some more terrain items

Today’s terrain contribution is a set of resin buildings made by Tiger Terrain. They are wonderfully designed and executed. Great clean, crisp casting work which makes them an absolute joy to paint.

So first up "L'elgise St Martin" .a classic Norman church . The roof and the tower all comes apart for ease of access to the inside and swapping out the tower for a damaged version - it’s had small magnets added to hold it together.. I have added a scratch made weather vane to the full tower piece made from piano wire and piece of tape cut to shape and hardened with PVA.





Next are the farmhouse and barn , with damaged versions as well 





i really enjoyed painting these  - it now of course means I really need to put some work in to uplift the existing 4ground ones with some more weathering and detailing.





4 comments:

  1. They look terrific and very effectively painted. I used Paper Terrain 15mm buildings but have to say these make me want to upgrade to something ore substantial than paper models.

    ReplyDelete