Picking up those brushes again.

Hi and welcome to the occasional mutterings of Dave Doc, a military modeller and some time gamer. Gaming and model making has given me a real education, History & Geography(obvious really), Artistry, Politics, Economics, Logistics, Project Management -you try building miniature armies without the last 3.

I will use the blog to record my creations & the odd occasion I actually do some gaming.

I have always been inspired by the aesthetic side of gaming. Playing on well constructed terrain using excellently painted units is always a joy.

Tuesday 19 February 2019

Wings of Glory - Dornier Do17s

In our Wings of Glory Battle of Britain campaign we have played out the Battle of France , our next scenario is the attack on the channel convoys. Ares the game manufacture don't currently do a Dornier model  so I have sourced a couple from the US made by Dave at Armaments in Miniature (who covers a lot of the holes in the main game range)  lovely little resin models they are too. The game forum does have a good list of aircraft data and stats so these are now ready for duty.


I need to add in some squadron numbers yet , bit more research required and the sourcing of decals too. 


I have added in a ball bearing to the underside by using a countersink drill bit to make the hole and superglueing the ball bearing in before painting. This allows it to be added onto a peg top with a suitable ring magnet glued to it to.



1 comment: