Picking up those brushes again.

Hi and welcome to the occasional mutterings of Dave Doc, a military modeller and some time gamer. Gaming and model making has given me a real education, History & Geography(obvious really), Artistry, Politics, Economics, Logistics, Project Management -you try building miniature armies without the last 3.

I will use the blog to record my creations & the odd occasion I actually do some gaming.

I have always been inspired by the aesthetic side of gaming. Playing on well constructed terrain using excellently painted units is always a joy.

Tuesday 4 February 2020

ACW - Union infantry

I am continuing through the winter painting plan. This is to paint my way through the pile in a rising scale order. I had a fair bit of 10mm ACW earmarked to do so I have been finishing off the Union infantry .


Another 40 infantry stand , 10 command , 3 foot colonels , 2 mounted command stands 

200 figures altogether 

Plus I have completed a couple of Zouave units as well another 65 figures


I now have all the bases magnetised and storage is in 35mm MDF tray inserts that fit a 9 litre really useful box 

The Union collection so far
I still need to add some cavalry to the Union army and might as well fill up the the 3 trays. My CSA force is currently about a 1/4 the size of the Union , but a lot of the guys at the Old Guard have brigades of them so we are ok for a big battle so it can wait a while for another top up. 

So that is the end of  the 10mm for a while - time for WW2 15mm next 





4 comments:

  1. That's a fair collection you have built up already Dave.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look brilliant

    https://www.10mm-wargaming.com/

    https://www.10mm-wargaming.co.uk/

    Take care

    Andy

    ReplyDelete