Picking up those brushes again.

Hi and welcome to the occasional mutterings of Dave Doc, a military modeller and some time gamer. Gaming and model making has given me a real education, History & Geography(obvious really), Artistry, Politics, Economics, Logistics, Project Management -you try building miniature armies without the last 3.

I will use the blog to record my creations & the odd occasion I actually do some gaming.

I have always been inspired by the aesthetic side of gaming. Playing on well constructed terrain using excellently painted units is always a joy.

Sunday 11 September 2022

Gaming - Nam - Assault on Firebase Charlie

 Martin , James and I met up to run a second part playtest today fir our game at Partizan in October . This time it was the Firebase part of the game , and how we would deal with a major assault on it . 


 

A couple of units of Marines in the Firebase . The attack would be at night with an element of surprise. 

We used the blinds to provide yet more uncertainty . 

Martin has built most of the parts we need . I still need to finish off the wire sections .


The attack built up until  we had all my VC and NVA on the table - about 100 figures. I have about 50 more to finish in due course .

VC/NVA casualties were enormous with little impact until the last turn where a number of the MG positions were knocked out .

 

Overall a good tester and some extra rules tweaks decided on . 




2 comments: