Picking up those brushes again.

Hi and welcome to the occasional mutterings of Dave Doc, a military modeller and some time gamer. Gaming and model making has given me a real education, History & Geography(obvious really), Artistry, Politics, Economics, Logistics, Project Management -you try building miniature armies without the last 3.

I will use the blog to record my creations & the odd occasion I actually do some gaming.

I have always been inspired by the aesthetic side of gaming. Playing on well constructed terrain using excellently painted units is always a joy.

Monday 9 January 2023

‘Nam - PBR and VC on the trail.

 I have completed some more stuff this week that’s been in the “to do” pile for a while . I am trying to get everything non infantry or aircraft cleared off . 

First up the PBR kit and the Apocalypse Now crew from Empress. A very nice item it is too . It was cleanly cast and went together well . 

 

I did the waves and wake with a combination of hot glue and adhesive applied with a cartridge gun then teasing it with a bit of wire . There area at the rear had some bent white pipe I had in the bits box added which then had the hot glue and adhesive applied over it to give an impression of speed. I had made a wedge shim out of XPS to go under the front half of the boat to lift it up as well. 

 


I had made the canopy removable and magnetised it . Then you can also see the chief driving the boat .

 
The figures are a great rendition of the film characters.


The surf board is a good addition with the kit 

Next up is a set of cyclists from Full Metal Miniatures .


I added a couple of RPG’s being carried as well - again these were from FMM



I have one more item of Nm stuff to finish coming up then I will move into something else for a bit.





2 comments:

  1. Lovely work Dave….the Nam collection grows ever bigger 👍

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent work Dave, the boat is superb.

    ReplyDelete