Picking up those brushes again.

Hi and welcome to the occasional mutterings of Dave Doc, a military modeller and some time gamer. Gaming and model making has given me a real education, History & Geography(obvious really), Artistry, Politics, Economics, Logistics, Project Management -you try building miniature armies without the last 3.

I will use the blog to record my creations & the odd occasion I actually do some gaming.

I have always been inspired by the aesthetic side of gaming. Playing on well constructed terrain using excellently painted units is always a joy.

Tuesday 28 February 2023

Nam - B52 and Chickens !

 Yes this is a bonkers post . I spotted a B52 kit on eBay that had some bits missing so was cheaper than normal . I decided to pick this up and use it as scatter as a wrecked plane . It turned up with less missing than I thought so I decided to build it up as full as I can which would keep the paint job consistent. I recently found some scenarios for when the B52’s were  based in Thailand with commando raids . So I have the wheels to be able to add on now . 

This is a massive 1/72nd kit - and I thought it was actually a pretty poorly designed . But for what I want it for it was fine .

 


It’s a 32 in ch wingspan , 27 inches long and 6 inches high - blooming big 

 

For now it left whole.

Next up is some more set dressing for the village .

Pendraken do a great set of animals in various scales - I picked up 4 packs of chickens . So 40 chickens 



So a very random week on the paint table!






6 comments:

  1. Chickened out with 1/72 Dave……..😀 but then you would need a new house. I have a Junkers 52 waiting to be built from Christmas 🤔

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too right !! It was also cost - for something with limited usage .picking up the damaged kit was useful !

      Delete
  2. Yup you're nuts. I owned one of these back in my teens. It was huge. My Mum used to go crazy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree I must be mad! ! I used to covet the big box Monogram one they had in the model,shop - I could never have afforded it !

      Delete
  3. Great work all round Dave, you nutter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Ray - the man painting 2mm bits!

      Delete