Picking up those brushes again.

Hi and welcome to the occasional mutterings of Dave Doc, a military modeller and some time gamer. Gaming and model making has given me a real education, History & Geography(obvious really), Artistry, Politics, Economics, Logistics, Project Management -you try building miniature armies without the last 3.

I will use the blog to record my creations & the odd occasion I actually do some gaming.

I have always been inspired by the aesthetic side of gaming. Playing on well constructed terrain using excellently painted units is always a joy.

Wednesday 8 February 2023

Necromunda - Meet the DerrFlingers” - Van Saar gang

 Bit of left field randomness going on here . JamesM has been busy building terrain for his Necromunda revisited collection and now has plenty for a game . We got one in over at Pendrakens shop a couple of weeks ago so MartinC and I are doing out own gangs. 

Back in the 90s I had some Van Saar so I have created a new gang .I have a few of the metals hanging around in the lead pile and will add them even though a little smaller than the new plastics. 

I used some of the new Vallejo Xpress Lizard Green over a dark green undercoat which had been heavy dry brushed up an ochre then white/ochre mix. The paint worked well dried nicely matt and covered well with depth and highlight. I still added a little extra highlight after but not much . 


 



 

And the guys in GravCutters .flying around 



JamesM is going to run the long term campaign so we will see how these guys do .

Not my usual fodder ,but I did enjoy doing them and the Xpress paints made doing them a fair bit quicker .




3 comments:

  1. Love 'em! Reilly and I are having a bit of a 'Munda resurgence at the moment also - so much narrative fun!

    ReplyDelete