Picking up those brushes again.

Hi and welcome to the occasional mutterings of Dave Doc, a military modeller and some time gamer. Gaming and model making has given me a real education, History & Geography(obvious really), Artistry, Politics, Economics, Logistics, Project Management -you try building miniature armies without the last 3.

I will use the blog to record my creations & the odd occasion I actually do some gaming.

I have always been inspired by the aesthetic side of gaming. Playing on well constructed terrain using excellently painted units is always a joy.

Thursday 17 August 2023

Museums - USMC museum part 1 - Vietnam & WW2.

 After touring battlefields we went on to do the Marine Corps museum. It’s a full day visit just to do a basic wander through . I was really impressed with the quality of the exhibits. 

Interesting bit in the design is that the piece sticking out the top is supposed to be set at the same angle as the flag being raised over Mount Suribachi . That is also in the museum


There are a number of exhibits in the main foyer then galleries all around the cover  the full history of the Marine Corps .all of the mannequins were really life like - I was told they are modelled on actual Marines.

 
Having been working on Vietnam I was interested in this set up in the foyer . Along with the band who were playing - that somehow I missed a picture of . 





I have some stuff in the stash to do Pacific Island hopping - next years project I think 












Vietnam













The flight into Khe Sahn









WW2











The 2nd larger flag that was raised over Mt Suribachi.





1 comment: