Picking up those brushes again.

Hi and welcome to the occasional mutterings of Dave Doc, a military modeller and some time gamer. Gaming and model making has given me a real education, History & Geography(obvious really), Artistry, Politics, Economics, Logistics, Project Management -you try building miniature armies without the last 3.

I will use the blog to record my creations & the odd occasion I actually do some gaming.

I have always been inspired by the aesthetic side of gaming. Playing on well constructed terrain using excellently painted units is always a joy.

Wednesday 31 January 2024

NWF / Sudan - Ghurkas

 Time for a little revisit to the colonial period . This time it is the full unit for my Ghurkas 


They will do duty on the NWF of course , but also they be deployed to Sudan this summer as part of my Indian Army forces . For Sands of Sudan they will be a 48 figure battalion , plus skirmish company -18 figures 

 

The figures are from the Perry Victorias Little Wars range - pretty clean and unfussy - simple to paint .


For the smaller NWF adventures I think they will make 2 x 24 battalions , plus skirmishers . 




I thought I had some suitable sabot bases for the skirmishers , but it turns out I don’t , so it’s a little order to Warbases coming on .


The first of the NWF frontier opposition in the form of Old Glory Pathans are on the desk - amongst a host of other things of course . 

7 comments:

  1. Fantastic Dave! What a formidable force to come up against.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - indeed they should prove tough opponents!

      Delete
  2. Look forward to testing their metal

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look cracking Dave!
    How big are those multi-bases holding 6 figs?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers - they a 60x40mm . I normally use 45x40 for 6 close order troops so these are little looser

      Delete