Picking up those brushes again.

Hi and welcome to the occasional mutterings of Dave Doc, a military modeller and some time gamer. Gaming and model making has given me a real education, History & Geography(obvious really), Artistry, Politics, Economics, Logistics, Project Management -you try building miniature armies without the last 3.

I will use the blog to record my creations & the odd occasion I actually do some gaming.

I have always been inspired by the aesthetic side of gaming. Playing on well constructed terrain using excellently painted units is always a joy.

Monday 19 February 2024

ACW - Artillery top up.

 As part of the loose winter paint plan I have a little bit of ACW to do. I only have a a small lead pile for this collection so decided to get the guns and limbers completed that were lain with it . As usual they are Pendraken, and finished with a satin varnish 


Union limber and caisson teams 

CSA limber
 
Rather than just expand the number of Union batteries I decided to take them to 3 gun model from the previous 3 gun . 

A mix of Napoleons and Parrots added.

 

Union up to 10 full batteries , with the limbers done for the final 6 .

The CSA are up to 8 full batteries with another 4 to add .


Some heavy siege mortars for the Union .
Not sure when these will used but hey they look cool

Just leaves me the cavalry units left in the plan for this year . 

No comments:

Post a Comment