Picking up those brushes again.

Hi and welcome to the occasional mutterings of Dave Doc, a military modeller and some time gamer. Gaming and model making has given me a real education, History & Geography(obvious really), Artistry, Politics, Economics, Logistics, Project Management -you try building miniature armies without the last 3.

I will use the blog to record my creations & the odd occasion I actually do some gaming.

I have always been inspired by the aesthetic side of gaming. Playing on well constructed terrain using excellently painted units is always a joy.

Wednesday 6 March 2024

Ardennes ‘44/5 - Let it snow

 A little more creativity for this project . I picked up some second hand unpainted Sherman’s and a Pershing from one if the guys at the local gaming group, so decided to crack on with these . So a rattle can (Tamiya TS28 Olive Drab )  , colour the tracks , then an oil wash and decals just about gets these ready to be “winterised” . 

For the first lot I wanted them heavily done . I used an old white enamel paint to give them a whitewash paint coat , then used some of the AK interactive Snow , and Muddy ground material. 

 



Don’t rivet count too much - one of these is a Brit Sherman - but it looks like a Sherman , so it’s good in my army .
 

I have left the Pershing without the whitewash and snow effect but have used some winter my/snow static grass tufts. 




 

I enjoyed doing these , and for a first attempt I am happy with them . I have found a box of other late war US stuff in the stash - so that will get added to the winter project in due course .








4 comments:

  1. Very nice indeed, Dave. I like the whitewash paint coat , and will look up the AK interactive Snow, as I'm still not convinced by the white flock I've been using for my 10mm Ardennes/Battle of the Bulge project. Your basing definitely looks more snow-like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep - worth getting - the flock is the stuff on the Pershing . The Ak snow is more a paste that dries

      Delete
  2. They all look brilliant Dave. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete