Picking up those brushes again.

Hi and welcome to the occasional mutterings of Dave Doc, a military modeller and some time gamer. Gaming and model making has given me a real education, History & Geography(obvious really), Artistry, Politics, Economics, Logistics, Project Management -you try building miniature armies without the last 3.

I will use the blog to record my creations & the odd occasion I actually do some gaming.

I have always been inspired by the aesthetic side of gaming. Playing on well constructed terrain using excellently painted units is always a joy.

Friday 26 April 2024

Terrain - Orchard, Fences and Lutheran Seminary. ACW

 The paining mojo is having  a holiday , so I am working on  bits of terrain . We are going to put on a 10mm Gettysburg later in the year - hopefully at The Other Partizan . We have most of the troops already but it’s needs some terrain work so that is this weeks focus .

I found myself in a model shop at York last week and found a supply of small trees by Gauge Master   and I picked them up to make into the Peach Orchard . This is on an A5 MDF sheet with some added Blotz picket fence. I have added magnets to the tree bases so they can be moved around to get troops in . 


 

I had picked up 120cm worth of stone and rail fencing from TBM along with a 6mm Lutheran Seminary.
This will give around 6 meters of fencing , enough for most games now I think . 

 



The footprint of the building is about the size of sabots we are currently using so it’s decent size even at 6mm . It’s an iconic building for the battle 



I have taken delivery of other 6mm buildings for Gettysburg made by Leven . So they may be next weeks project .



3 comments: