Picking up those brushes again.

Hi and welcome to the occasional mutterings of Dave Doc, a military modeller and some time gamer. Gaming and model making has given me a real education, History & Geography(obvious really), Artistry, Politics, Economics, Logistics, Project Management -you try building miniature armies without the last 3.

I will use the blog to record my creations & the odd occasion I actually do some gaming.

I have always been inspired by the aesthetic side of gaming. Playing on well constructed terrain using excellently painted units is always a joy.

Thursday 23 January 2014

Challenge Photography

Picking up Phyllions post (link)on challenge photography I thought i would share my current photo set up.

I have the luxury of the spare desk which I have set up for desert type shots at the moment. I have a backdrop against the wall and the room has good natural light.


 I am using my DSLR on a tri-pod. Using Aperture Priority setting usually at least f16 to get a decent depth of field around the subject. This can mean long exposure times so I am set up on a tri-pod and either use the self timer or remote control.



I also have a diffuser for the flash on the camera if I need to , with options for a warmer or cooler light depending on the colour diffuser used.


I did spend some time many years ago helping out Duncan Macfarlane taking photographs for Wargames Illustrated which involved really setting the scene.so I am trying to use this experience this time around.

So here we have the results!




No comments:

Post a Comment