Picking up those brushes again.

Hi and welcome to the occasional mutterings of Dave Doc, a military modeller and some time gamer. Gaming and model making has given me a real education, History & Geography(obvious really), Artistry, Politics, Economics, Logistics, Project Management -you try building miniature armies without the last 3.

I will use the blog to record my creations & the odd occasion I actually do some gaming.

I have always been inspired by the aesthetic side of gaming. Playing on well constructed terrain using excellently painted units is always a joy.

Tuesday 21 January 2014

The Supply Caravan.

I completed this "caravan" to use with the Sudan games. Gives the Colonials something to defend. It is a mix of Connoisseur and Brittania castings. I was very pleased with the end results. It is also generic enough to be used in other games set in Africa.











I enjoyed setting the photographs up too. This set was also my submission entry for the "Vehicle" round of Curt's paint challenge - you know Caravan and Ships of the desert.... There were some brilliant entries for this round with Anne's flying carpet and Loki's Spider being real call out entries to me. There are also some rather nice 15mm wagons by Ray. Well if Curt can get away with having a whole season "Winter" as his villain round entry then he's opened up a whole new area of imaginative thinking for these.

Anyway get yourself over there and pick your favourites



No comments:

Post a Comment