Picking up those brushes again.

Hi and welcome to the occasional mutterings of Dave Doc, a military modeller and some time gamer. Gaming and model making has given me a real education, History & Geography(obvious really), Artistry, Politics, Economics, Logistics, Project Management -you try building miniature armies without the last 3.

I will use the blog to record my creations & the odd occasion I actually do some gaming.

I have always been inspired by the aesthetic side of gaming. Playing on well constructed terrain using excellently painted units is always a joy.

Sunday 12 January 2014

The Sudan revisited

Right then, time to get cracking on with a stalled project. One of the big benefits of the new man cave is the second large table which allows me to overflow from the painting area while doing preparation work. A while ago I had de-sprued the contents of 10 boxes of Perry Mahdist, so at least they are just ready for a mass assembly session .

So first WIP shots.





 130+ figures sorted! extra metals added for variety casualties and hiding ones. Extra order to Martin at Warbases required!





Bits box has not gone down much



The creation of one of the desert column support elements.

I have really got the wind in the sails with this project and want to get the mahdist force done swiftly.

23 comments:

  1. Ahhhhhhh I can't wait to see more! What a horde of Mahdists.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it will be a horde alright! Keep watching.

      Delete
  2. Seems that there's a lot of Sudan in this year's Challenge. Looking forward to these Dave :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah there is a bit of it about. Me too , I want to get cracked on with them . - it helps.

      Delete
  3. *10* boxes of Mahdists? That's a mighty lot of figures; you'll need quite an efficient painting technique as well...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Er yes.. It was a bit of madness.. At least got them trade price!
      I have a good technique for the Beja so will be starting with them.

      Delete
  4. Indeed you have jumped on the Camel bandwagon. I think we should have a separate vote just for them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to see these chaps all lined up when complete. It'll be something to see!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This will great fun to watch mate - will look forward to the project evolving.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is looking good Dave, very good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great news Dave, keep up the great work!

    Is that a copy of Black Powder I see before me too!! Bring it on Fella!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely tremendous! That will be one serious entry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed it will, still have afew days work on figure build before I start the paint-a-thon!

      Delete
  10. I would love to do the Sudan War. In particular, the gunboats, camel corps, and the first contingent of Australian colonial troops to be deployed overseas. Looking forward to seeing this develop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah , it has a lot more scope to me than say the Zulu wars. I already have designs on my gunboats!

      Delete