Picking up those brushes again.

Hi and welcome to the occasional mutterings of Dave Doc, a military modeller and some time gamer. Gaming and model making has given me a real education, History & Geography(obvious really), Artistry, Politics, Economics, Logistics, Project Management -you try building miniature armies without the last 3.

I will use the blog to record my creations & the odd occasion I actually do some gaming.

I have always been inspired by the aesthetic side of gaming. Playing on well constructed terrain using excellently painted units is always a joy.

Saturday 3 November 2018

Crisis 2018 .

Today has been spent at the Crisis show in Antwerp. It’s been another good one. It’s the largest mainland europe show in the calendar , with a good range of traders and games. It benefits from being in a great city too. We will certainly be back next year , combining a great show with the history of the Low Countries , good Belgian beer and food... well what’s not to like .

So learning from last year I decided to have lie in and leisurely breakfast - our hotel is  about 20 minutes walk away. - and decided to turn up for 10.30 to save queueing . Some hope , there was still a full  queue , but at least it moved quickly , taking about 15 minutes to get in overall .


My queue joining point . 
Another learning from last year was to take cash , as there isn’t a cash machine on site, and not many traders take card or Paypal.. it also costs 0.5 euro to go to the loo !

I had a small shopping list , pocket money in hand , and friends to chat too .

I met up with Sander and Arthur , handing over my challenge painting items, next up was Stefan Ko and Sidney Roundwood (aka Adam! ) .  I had a good chat with Colin and Katherine re the Kenilworth event next year too.

There were plenty of good looking games on display , so here is the montage . Sorry I didn’t note the providers or clubs . I will do the stash post next




























26 comments:

  1. Awesome stuff, Dave. It looks like a corking show, and definitely something I would like to attend in the future. Great pics and I'm looking forward to the loot post :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're having a good time. Nearly came as I have a long weekend all of a sudden but couldn't sort it out in time. On my list now though

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pics of the games Dave :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post Dave. Maybe next year for the Rejects?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Makes a cracking weekend for sure Ray.. do it

      Delete
  5. Regardless of what may occur through Breixt I may be hanging onto your coat tails next year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pictures. Thanks for sharing 👍

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great photos, Dave!

    If someone in the USA was to make ONE European show, which one would you suggest? Crisis?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Crisis for me . Salute in London is bigger again .. but not sure it gives anything extra

      Delete
  8. Some very nice looking games, particularly the big Island, pleased you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Some really interesting tables there. A dream trip. Thanks for sharing that. What games did you get into?

    ReplyDelete
  10. First year I couldn't go myself, so it's wonderful to see pictures of other people's tours.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing Dave, might well put this on the calendar for next year 🤔

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those are indeed some good-looking setups! Hmm, I wonder if there's any way I could make it to this show sometime...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely worth it. It a good weekend away

      Delete