Picking up those brushes again.

Hi and welcome to the occasional mutterings of Dave Doc, a military modeller and some time gamer. Gaming and model making has given me a real education, History & Geography(obvious really), Artistry, Politics, Economics, Logistics, Project Management -you try building miniature armies without the last 3.

I will use the blog to record my creations & the odd occasion I actually do some gaming.

I have always been inspired by the aesthetic side of gaming. Playing on well constructed terrain using excellently painted units is always a joy.

Wednesday 7 November 2018

Crisis 2018 - stash

Annoyingly my small planned shopping list was disrupted with some trader drop outs. so purchases from  Flag Dude , Tiny wargames and Ainsty were out.. A point to be fed back too TSOA,  but I am sure there is a reasonable explanation. . So I went a bit off list .

No idea why , but I like it !,
This piece has now led to the sourcing of a1/48th Grumman Goose seaplane.

Cutters Goose

"Tales of the Gold Monkey " on some South Pacific Islands here we come ..

next up more terrain items - lots of MDF

This stuff was on a cracking show discount to make up the above set up (by products for  wargamers .. whose old west buildings I have some of. ) ...bit of Necromunda coming up with the lads I think



Plus some other bits

I picked up another FW190 for Wings of War. Stefan Ko donated me a model of Lawrence of Arabia form the Tactica show - thanks Stefan .



So a bit off list.. but all good!

14 comments:

  1. You've finally got a head in gaming Dave! Congrats. I like him too - it's ok to talk to him, but start getting worried when he answers back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stash Dave :)

    I imagine Ray will be cringing in horror at your SciFi terrain purchase and gaming plans ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes .. it’s seriously off my normal historical list

      Delete
  3. Ah, Tales of The Golden Monkey... that show inspired one of our Pulp Alley tables for our local convention last winter. I look forward to seeing how you use that piece.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice head! He has your ears mate...

    ReplyDelete