Picking up those brushes again.

Hi and welcome to the occasional mutterings of Dave Doc, a military modeller and some time gamer. Gaming and model making has given me a real education, History & Geography(obvious really), Artistry, Politics, Economics, Logistics, Project Management -you try building miniature armies without the last 3.

I will use the blog to record my creations & the odd occasion I actually do some gaming.

I have always been inspired by the aesthetic side of gaming. Playing on well constructed terrain using excellently painted units is always a joy.

Sunday 15 March 2020

Normandy 44 - new buildings

I picked up some more of the excellent buildings made by Stephen at Tiger Terrain last year and have spent the last couple of weeks working on finishing these off. They are a real joy to paint up. They are perfectly cast with no resin warping or bubbles. The detail is accurate and crisp.

The "Marie" or "Hotel de Ville" 
I have not made my mind up on basing for them as yet - partly as i want to do all the same and i still feel like i need to get another set of stuff this year to fill things out - but the tonw centre is certainly getting there.

                            

it also has a swappable damaged roof section too 

shell damaged shop snd town house
They all have removable roof sections and floors . I have magnetised these as well.
and the reverse side




picked up 3 out house pieces as well . still need to finish off the yard bases 






4 comments:

  1. They look fantastic Dave. Its amazing how much wargames buildings have changed in the last ten years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely work they are very crisp and colours look great

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Stephen's models - I've been using the 15mm buildings with 20mm figures (as I prefer a smaller footprint for buildings ) and they work really well. Nice work on yours!

    ReplyDelete