Picking up those brushes again.

Hi and welcome to the occasional mutterings of Dave Doc, a military modeller and some time gamer. Gaming and model making has given me a real education, History & Geography(obvious really), Artistry, Politics, Economics, Logistics, Project Management -you try building miniature armies without the last 3.

I will use the blog to record my creations & the odd occasion I actually do some gaming.

I have always been inspired by the aesthetic side of gaming. Playing on well constructed terrain using excellently painted units is always a joy.

Monday 4 May 2020

Normandy 44 - German Armour

Having completed a whole load of US army kit it is now time to do some Germans . The US army didn’t fight that many of the Panzer divisions until very late on, but did dog tangle with Panzer Lehr Division , so I deduced to do some Panthers for them .

It’s been about 25 years since I last did stuff like this , and with doing 11 together I decided to break out the airbrush ...






In addition I have some Jagdpanthers  which only appeared very late in the Normandy campaign , these will be used for later games 


German infantry next up I think 





8 comments:

  1. Nice work Dave the airbrush has done a great job

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cracking job Dave, they should prove a thorn in the side of the Americans.

    ReplyDelete
  3. looking forward to seeing this side of the collection grow Dave.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely work Dave. A period close to my heart and some very nice models.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great weathering, colors and foliage.

    ReplyDelete