Picking up those brushes again.

Hi and welcome to the occasional mutterings of Dave Doc, a military modeller and some time gamer. Gaming and model making has given me a real education, History & Geography(obvious really), Artistry, Politics, Economics, Logistics, Project Management -you try building miniature armies without the last 3.

I will use the blog to record my creations & the odd occasion I actually do some gaming.

I have always been inspired by the aesthetic side of gaming. Playing on well constructed terrain using excellently painted units is always a joy.

Sunday 3 January 2021

Cruel Seas - Fairmile D’s and Xmas Stash

 It’s about time to get beck to the brushes after a much needed, if somewhat different  festive break. I have had a few things lurking on the paint desk so I have been clearing these off . 


I picked up these two Fairmile D’s early last year and had them built and part painted , but I just wasn’t happy with deck colour I had gone with so they were parked. I resprayed them and started again . I am happy with the look now . They are certainly a step up from the Vospers which are pretty much kindling with a fast engine in game terms.



I added some crew figures , and some aerials , mast rigging stays etc to bring them to life some more



Overall pleased with these

I have also finished up Jason’s Napoleonic Brits in good old Shineyness

Xmas Stash brought a few interesting bits 

 
A full set of weathering pencils 

                                                          A helping hands set of holders 
 

                                                           A serious amount of static grass ! 
 

Anyway it’s back to it ! 

4 comments:

  1. Great Xmas haul of goodies, the pencils look very interesting, but given my painting skills (or lack thereof), I doubt they'll be of any use to me!
    I like seeing your very 'old school' shinhy Napoleonics, when I had mine, they were all shiny too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work Dave, I do especially like what you did with those Farmiles.
    Some interesting goodies for Xmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will be interested to see how you get on with the pencils Dave. Boats look superb.
    Best wishes for 2021
    Pat.

    ReplyDelete