Picking up those brushes again.

Hi and welcome to the occasional mutterings of Dave Doc, a military modeller and some time gamer. Gaming and model making has given me a real education, History & Geography(obvious really), Artistry, Politics, Economics, Logistics, Project Management -you try building miniature armies without the last 3.

I will use the blog to record my creations & the odd occasion I actually do some gaming.

I have always been inspired by the aesthetic side of gaming. Playing on well constructed terrain using excellently painted units is always a joy.

Saturday 9 January 2021

Normandy 44 - Walled farm

 I have finished a walled farm this week to add to the Normandy terrain items . I picked up some more Tiger Terrain items last year and am starting to work my way through them . I used the farm house and a couple of outbuildings and scratch built the high walls from balsa. They were sealed and coated with tile grout. It’s based on an 2mm A4 MDF sheet which was sealed on both sides first.

I already had the bombed out version of the buildings so I did not affix these the base so they could be swapped out with the intact items for some variety as well.





 

And here is bombed out version 



 

As ever they are really well cast pieces and are a joy to paint. Next up more town houses. 




3 comments:

  1. Nicely done Dave, those 20 foot tables need a lot of terrain !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice Dave - there is a very distinct early Miniature Wargames magazine style in that colour scheme as well. Made me all nostalgic.

    ReplyDelete