Picking up those brushes again.

Hi and welcome to the occasional mutterings of Dave Doc, a military modeller and some time gamer. Gaming and model making has given me a real education, History & Geography(obvious really), Artistry, Politics, Economics, Logistics, Project Management -you try building miniature armies without the last 3.

I will use the blog to record my creations & the odd occasion I actually do some gaming.

I have always been inspired by the aesthetic side of gaming. Playing on well constructed terrain using excellently painted units is always a joy.

Thursday 25 February 2021

Nam 68 - first test paint

 I had some time today to work through the paint recipe for my USMC guys. It’s been a real treat looking at just a small number of detailed castings and deciding how to tackle them. So first up it the Lt.








 

Having worked out the recipe I will do these in small batches now I think.



5 comments:

  1. Very nice work, Dave. Love the mud weathering and watch details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely done Dave, all the documentaries I have seen and pictures show the guys in a pretty indistinguishable muddy green combination. So the challenge for wargamers is something a little more ‘fun’ I like your compromise 👍

    ReplyDelete
  3. great paint job (you have too much time on your hands....) I really like the grassy path too - looks fab (is it on one Simon Miller's wobbly edged TTS bases?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good spot Rupert - indeed it is one of Simon’s bases .
    12mm grass tufts and vegetation by Green Stuff Worid . Easy to do a good paint job on great sculpt . Didn’t even take to long!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's beautiful. Very well done! Photography setup is very nice too.

    ReplyDelete