Picking up those brushes again.

Hi and welcome to the occasional mutterings of Dave Doc, a military modeller and some time gamer. Gaming and model making has given me a real education, History & Geography(obvious really), Artistry, Politics, Economics, Logistics, Project Management -you try building miniature armies without the last 3.

I will use the blog to record my creations & the odd occasion I actually do some gaming.

I have always been inspired by the aesthetic side of gaming. Playing on well constructed terrain using excellently painted units is always a joy.

Tuesday 23 February 2021

Normandy 44 - Fallschirmjager .

 I have completed the latest German units for the late war collection . This is kampgruppe based around a company of Fallschirmjager., with additional HMG’s , ATG’s, 80 and 120mm mortars , and a couple of Hetzer TD’s (while these didn’t serve in Normandy they will come in handy for later autumn games). 

Of course the camo pattern was fun to do . But it’s come out rather well in the end . 

Battiefront plastics ,the infantry were a little underwhelming in casting sharpness. The other items weren’t too bad




Trucks and Hetzers were from Forged in Battie - very nice resin casts.


That’s it for the WW2 for a little while I think - it’s had lots of attention over the autumn and winter. Next up is twirling brushes on on the Vietnam project.

3 comments:

  1. Very nicely done Dave, somewhere I have a load of German SS needed painting but they are staying in their box for now :)

    ReplyDelete