Picking up those brushes again.

Hi and welcome to the occasional mutterings of Dave Doc, a military modeller and some time gamer. Gaming and model making has given me a real education, History & Geography(obvious really), Artistry, Politics, Economics, Logistics, Project Management -you try building miniature armies without the last 3.

I will use the blog to record my creations & the odd occasion I actually do some gaming.

I have always been inspired by the aesthetic side of gaming. Playing on well constructed terrain using excellently painted units is always a joy.

Tuesday 30 March 2021

Nam ‘68 - Marine squad #1

 Work has been progressing on the US Marines for this project and they will be rolling off the  production line over the next week. I really enjoyed doing these.




The NVA units(Gringo40) have been base coated for starting them next . I have VC sourced (Gringo40)  , and just ordered the civilians (Empress). Terrain wise the jungle stuff is building up , my friend Scotty is doing all of that with a real range of stuff . Orders for village stuff are also on the way .  I am also planning for more urban and plains stuff too . 

I have copies of Charlie Don’t Surf , and The Nam - the way it was . I played through a few turns of The Nam and liked the feel . Also the customisable elements so it will be up for a proper field trial shortly . Just need to get my NVA painted .

Really enjoying doing the whole new project thing . It has the creative juices going , and I have that end vision in mind to help the what I want it to look like when it’s finished. 

10 comments:

  1. Good start to a US Nam force, I still have oodles of Nam stuff, but it's all well outdated by what is currently on the market.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Very cool looking Grunts, Dave. The jungle terrain is excellent too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work Dave....end in mind is a good start.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Matt . It’s great when it works like that.

      Delete
  4. They look fab Dave! The green of their uniforms looks spot on

    ReplyDelete