Picking up those brushes again.

Hi and welcome to the occasional mutterings of Dave Doc, a military modeller and some time gamer. Gaming and model making has given me a real education, History & Geography(obvious really), Artistry, Politics, Economics, Logistics, Project Management -you try building miniature armies without the last 3.

I will use the blog to record my creations & the odd occasion I actually do some gaming.

I have always been inspired by the aesthetic side of gaming. Playing on well constructed terrain using excellently painted units is always a joy.

Monday 20 February 2023

Cold War Gone Hot - Soviets , 7DTTR

 I’ve knocked out the first of the Soviet forces with a unit of T64’s a couple of BMPs and Shilkas .

A fairly simple paining process with a rattle can of green, paint the tracks , a wash with AK brown wash for green vehicles , decals and highlights . 

I also had picked up a set of 3 power pylons from Butlers Printed Models - these are a 3d resin print .they are 110mm high . Black spray , metallic spray and a dry brush. They will add a bit of something different . 






That’s it for now with this until we get a game or two in .


1 comment:

  1. The paint method for your tanks is very effective Dave and the pylons are a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete