Picking up those brushes again.

Hi and welcome to the occasional mutterings of Dave Doc, a military modeller and some time gamer. Gaming and model making has given me a real education, History & Geography(obvious really), Artistry, Politics, Economics, Logistics, Project Management -you try building miniature armies without the last 3.

I will use the blog to record my creations & the odd occasion I actually do some gaming.

I have always been inspired by the aesthetic side of gaming. Playing on well constructed terrain using excellently painted units is always a joy.

Tuesday 21 February 2023

‘Nam - LVTs and Recoilless Rifles .

 A bit more for the Marine force . First up a pair of Landing Vehicle Tracked 5 and 6H . These were a 1950/60s iteration of the LVTs the Marines had used in WW2 , bigger and heavily armed . 

I picked these up as 3d resin prints from BPM - very good quality - they do lack a bit of track detail but that is from the STL. Easy enough coverable . 




Given they could carry 30+ guys inside I can understand why they would cover the top in sandbags and hide up there . I added a 50cal team and a guy with a M60 after using a whole pack of milliput to make the sandbags . I have a few other kneeling figures on order to add in too . 

I need a driver / command figure as well - just waiting for Full Metal to have them back in stock .






Next up is some extra firepower in the form of recoilless rifles . One is set up to fire with a pair of guys carrying the ammo box . The other is 4 guys struggling to move the damn thing ! Very nice sets from Full Metal Miniatures - just a bit of an epic putting them together as they all have separate arms - much swearing and sticking fingers together while doing these was had . They have however come out great .





 

Next Nam will be some ARVN I think . 


2 comments:

  1. One to one gaming in Vietnam 👍 the new stuff looks great, they are massive vehicles ? I guess not very manoeuvrable

    ReplyDelete