Picking up those brushes again.

Hi and welcome to the occasional mutterings of Dave Doc, a military modeller and some time gamer. Gaming and model making has given me a real education, History & Geography(obvious really), Artistry, Politics, Economics, Logistics, Project Management -you try building miniature armies without the last 3.

I will use the blog to record my creations & the odd occasion I actually do some gaming.

I have always been inspired by the aesthetic side of gaming. Playing on well constructed terrain using excellently painted units is always a joy.

Saturday 23 December 2023

Sudan - new command Sir Garnet Wolsley & Sidney Ruff Diamond

 It’s a return to dusty trails time . I have a few things to add to the Sudan collection over the winter so here are the first of them .

I was reminded I had a couple of figures in the lead pile after a FB forum post , so I went delving into lead pile . 

These are the WI Heroes in miniature limited editions , first up Sir Garnet Wolsley, ideal for leading your Victorian adventures . Sir Sidney Ruff Diamond from Carry on up the Khyber has also made an appearance 

 



Other plans for the Sudan are Egyptian limber set and Ghurka rifles battalion - in my mind the could have deployed as part of the Indian Army - plus they can be used of course for some North West Frontier action inn due course .


2 comments:

  1. Nicely done Dave ….good to see no collection is ever really finished 👍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed - I have crossed that line a few times with this one - and still they come

      Delete