Picking up those brushes again.

Hi and welcome to the occasional mutterings of Dave Doc, a military modeller and some time gamer. Gaming and model making has given me a real education, History & Geography(obvious really), Artistry, Politics, Economics, Logistics, Project Management -you try building miniature armies without the last 3.

I will use the blog to record my creations & the odd occasion I actually do some gaming.

I have always been inspired by the aesthetic side of gaming. Playing on well constructed terrain using excellently painted units is always a joy.

Wednesday 20 December 2023

Necromunda - Market and M1’s for 7 DTTR

 I have been clearing out more bits from the seemingly never ending part done pile of paint table lurkers . 

Previously having completed the Necromunda market place terrain set I had picked up some 3d printed figures from ETSY that will be set dressing , or gang hangers on etc . 


 



 

Checking through the lead pile I had some original old school Van Saar figures so I thought I would crack these off too. The are smaller in stature than the newer plastics of course , but they can be used as Juves and Van Saar are supposed to be a bit weedy anyway. 


That gives me enough to do different gangs with lots of weapon options too . I might just pick up another box of Grav Cutter riders as a whole game with them might be fun! 

Having completed the A10s for 7 Days I went looking for some other American kit I had picked up in a swap a while back . Mostly it’s just built plastic, but there were a few nearly finished MERDC paint jobs on some  M1 Abram’s so I have completed these - well until I get some stowage etc sorted for them 


4 is certainly enough for a 7 Days force , so perhaps a few APCs and infantry units might get added . Though I now find myself looking at a little project for Blackhorse Cavalry (11th Cav ) for the Fulda Gap . I have some more built M1’s that I fancy doing in the green /black paint scheme sometime. 

Next thing to think about is what to start painting for the challenge . 












8 comments:

  1. The challenge bores the h*ll out of me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I guess it takes all sorts . I have a winter painting plan as ever so will be knocking through it challenge or not . I run the on line paint and chats and it’s good to meet the guys and girls from around the world . It’s more a social thing than a challenge for me

      Delete
  2. Some eclectic stuff there Dave 👍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed . Lots of different projects will get some love over the winter

      Delete
  3. Looks good to me. I especially like the green you used on the Van Saar. I've noticed on a number of posts by people who are doing the challenge this year that they are also getting stick from anonymous posters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers - my 90s Necromunda were in green , so it was nice to recreate it. It takes all sorts I guess . But I generally follow the “if you can’t say something nice , don’t say anything “ rule

      Delete