Picking up those brushes again.

Hi and welcome to the occasional mutterings of Dave Doc, a military modeller and some time gamer. Gaming and model making has given me a real education, History & Geography(obvious really), Artistry, Politics, Economics, Logistics, Project Management -you try building miniature armies without the last 3.

I will use the blog to record my creations & the odd occasion I actually do some gaming.

I have always been inspired by the aesthetic side of gaming. Playing on well constructed terrain using excellently painted units is always a joy.

Friday 15 December 2023

Cold War Gone Hot - A10’s and Hinds

 I am lucky enough to have a couple of local stores , Pendraken run by Leon , (who are also a manufacturers)  and Gaming Figures run by Gav . I make a point of trying to spend some cash there as often as I can . Well if you want to keep them I think it’s important to support them. 

Gav had seen my latest Battlefront Hinds done for my 7 Days collection and asked if I would do  some for his Team Yankee set up - he is as mad a box of frogs of course .. so 12 Hinds later he is a happy boy . I also found a couple of “spare” A10s in the stash so tempted him with these while I painted my own . 



The A10 is just such an iconic warplane 

 



Simple stripe camo pattern done with the airbrush 



Quantity had a quality all of its own - as they say 

The painting challenge start is in sight - I have plenty lined up .


4 comments: